Family Day 2010
What's Open on Family Day:
What's Closed on Family Day:
Libraries, banks, liquor and beer stores, post offices, City of Toronto offices, schools, daycares and many grocery stores will be closed on the third Monday of February. Malls and most other retail outlets outside of Toronto will all be closed on Family Day as well, including Square One in Mississauga.
Getting Around on Family Day:
Things to Do on Family Day:
Visit Toronto Attractions Over the Family Day Long Weekend:
- As it's also Valentine's Day weekend, from Friday to Monday the Toronto Zoo is offering free admission to children 12 and under who bring a Valentine for their favourite insect (Love Bugs!). Maximum two free child admissions for every paying adult.
- Casa Loma's special Monday events include "Tea Time for Teddy Bears" for younger children and family archery lessons (register in advance).
- The Hockey Hall of Fame is offering free admission to seniors 65+ on Monday, plus will be giving out a variety of contest prizes throughout the day.
Family Day at Local Museums:
- Colborne Lodge - "Pretend to be a member of the Howards’ 1870s household", play with 19th century toys and prepare cookies on Saturday and Sunday, Noon - 4pm
- Fort York - Tours and old-fashioned hot chocolate on Monday, 10am - 3pm
- Gibson House - Drop-in for treats and crafts during "Family Day Discovery" on Monday, Noon - 4:30pm
All information can be found at toronto.about.com